Valentines Day Outfits and Gift Ideas

     Somehow it is already February, and it feels like the first week of this month has flown by quicker than all of January. We are a few days away from Valentine's Day, so I thought I would give you some ideas for what to wear out with your significant other or friends, and some ideas on what to get as gifts! If you see anything you like, maybe forward this post to them so they can know what to get you, as well(; Is it appropriate to use smiley faces in a blog post? I don't know, just go with it.

     When you think of V-Day, you probably think of red. Guess what? Me too. I know that it's an expected color, but why fix it if it ain't broke, ya know? I put together a couple outfits that I love and hope they give you some cool ideas of what to wear. Also, most of these outfits are fairly basic and can be worn well past V-Day. (The weather in my city has been less than pleasant lately, so I apologize for the low quality mirror pics in advance!)

     My first outfit is a cherry print pajama-style top that I tucked into a faux red leather skirt. I paired it with comfortable black booties, but I think it would look amazing with red,black, or white heels as well. Both the top and skirt are from Forever 21 and the boots are from my local Tjmaxx. I think a mini skirt is a perfect date outfit with your partner or pals, and the color is that extra pop you need to elevate this look. My bag is from Target by WhoWhatWear and I am IN LOVE with it. It gives the cutest, yet chicest touch to any outfit because gingham looks amazing with everything.





Links for these items/ similar items:

Top: Here
Similar tops: Here
Similar skirts: Here
Bag: Here

My second outfit is a red, body-con zip front dress layered over a white bell-sleeved top. I kept my WhoWhatWear bag because it's honestly the best accessory to me right now, and dressed it up with a pair of red kitten heeled booties. I wanted a lot of red for this look because I love taking one color and just running with it. Especially when every thing else is neutral. I think this is a great look to wear out on a date, just be mindful of the sleeves when you eat. I love this dress because even though its body-con, it doesn't pick up on every lump and bump you have. The material isn't too tight, but is just right


(Peep my kitties trying to get in on the pics)






Links for these items/ similar:

Dress: Here
Top: Here
Shoes: Here


GIFTS!

     Valentines day gifts, like any, can be frustrating. You want to say you love and appreciate this person, but what is the perfect gift for your perfect person?? I have compiled a few gifts for your boyfriend, girlfriend, and your best friends. 


For your Girlfriend:



Fake plants are a new contemporary spin on getting your girl flowers. Pros: they can't die, less maintenance, and they are cute af. Cons: none. These things are great. You can find them at any Target, Tjmaxx, and Ross.

Jewelry is a classic gift where you can't really go wrong. However you can make it trendy and current. Rose golds have become very popular in recent years, so get your girl her favorite type of jewelry in this shade. 

Who doesn't love relaxing? I know there's a pretty intense bathtub or shower debate, so this is for all you pro-bath people out there. Bath bombs can be colored, smell amazing, and even provide health benefits like boosting your immune system. You can find them at Walmart, Walgreen, Ulta Beauty, and my personal fave, Lush. 

When you just can't figure it out, get a Sephora gift card and let her treat herself. 


For your Boyfriend:




Everyone loves food so get him a gift card to his favorite restaurant!

Comfortable Pj's and sweats will be used regularly, so they'll make a great gift that your boyfriend will wear constantly.

I love giving personalized gifts because they are very sentimental. When you have something made especially for him, its something that he can treasure forever.

Drinks! If he's keen on his alcohol, buy him a bottle of his favorite kind. Then split it together so you can drunk watch cute animal videos and laugh your asses off together.

For your Best Friends:




Candles are a wonderful gift that she can light at the end of a long day and relax. Find out her personal fave scent and go buy it ASAP.

I don't know if you guys are like me, but I live by the philosophy "you can never have too many coffee mugs." Yes, they can be basic, but that's why you buy her one that suits her personality. Target has new coffee mugs constantly with all sorts of patterns, colors, and quotes.

My friends and I love our highlighters, and if you are like us then you'll love this one. Maybelline highlighters are affordable and you don't have to sacrifice quality. They are buttery, blinding, and beautiful. You can find them anywhere that sells Maybelline makeup.

Remember when you were in elementary school and you and your friends had friendship bracelets/ necklaces? Well this is the cooler grown-up version of that. These necklaces are in the shape of the molecule Serotonin, which is what produces happiness in your body!You can also have an initial added to it to make it more personal. I found this on amazing gift on Etsy and will provide the shop/seller below!

Etsy Necklace: here

Thank you guys for checking out my post, and I hopes it gave you some ideas on what you want to wear/ helps you find that perfect gift.









Comments

Popular Posts